»We are very satisfied with the work of XPLM. The interface and configurator have standardized our solutions and work routines. Therefore we thank them a lot«
- Mariano Orozco, Electrical Hardware Engineer
Customer Problems und Requirements. The company needed configurable, error-free products (flawless BOMs), which are faster on the market. The engineers needed to be able to make changes and
updates in the system independently. Therefore, an interface between their PLM system Teamcenter and their ECAD system Eplan, as well as an electric and hydraulic schematics configurator were required. The XPLM-developed integration “Integrate2“ includes the introduction of a product configuration consisting
• Creation of schematics automatically
• Collection of software components for PLC (Siemens S7)
• Consideration of fluidic components
As well as the storage of the output of the product
configurator in Teamcenter including BOMs.
1. Devising the strategy
2. Setting milestones
3. XPLM receiving the required Metso data
4. Designing the interface together
5. Designing the schematics configurator together
6. Testing the interface in live configuration at Metso
7. Testing the schematics configurator in test projects
8. Testing the interface together with the configurator
9. Making changes and updates
Now the solution is been using by the electric and hydraulic department in their daily work.
By making jobs automatic, instead of manual, the solution gives Metso not only clarity in their daily processes, but also saves them time and money in every project through the reduction of work time.